Moving: Packing Tips
Moving, this has almost become my specialty. In about 12 months by the end of the year i will have moved 3 times. Kinda crazy I know.
Though I figured that i meant i am qualified for giving you tips. Especially when two of three of these moves will be interstate. and more then just the next one over!
Let me know in the comments if this is something you would be interested to hear more about over the next few weeks.
So today I will be telling you about packing tips:
When deciding what to take to your new house you are likely to get rid of a lot of stuff. Most people don't go through there stuff and get rid of what you don't need regularly enough.
This is a list of things you may want to consider, or what you should generally get rid of (of courser there are exceptions):
- expired things anything that you are holding on to thats expired should go( (ie coupons, makeup, food)
- old things you dont use or need, like mail or just junk hanging around your house
- outgrown clothes, socks without pairs
- broken things you are holding on to saying you will fix but probably never will
- stuff you don't use
- things you don't like but don't want to get rid of in the thought of wasting your money
When should you pack things?
4 weeks out of move
- Pictures , decor, books, off season clothes
3 weeks out of move
-linen, knick knacks, board games, things you are storing, craft supplies
2 weeks out of move
-toiletries, kitchen, start clothes and closets, office supplies
1 week out of move
- clothes, rest of kitchen, electronics, medication and toys (if ya have kids)
* Bonus tip you can get boxes for free from places like grocery stores or other stores, I would recommend looking around.
Feel Free to Pin my posts and images